Thursday, June 28, 2012

Book Fair Day!

So I am getting ready for Savanah's school 'book fair; this morning, and I have to say, I am excited, but also a bit worried. I can't even express how it makes me feel to know how few parents will actually be there. I just don't understand why more parents don't care. Yes, I realize that it's a Thursday, and most parents don't have as flexible of a schedule as I do, but, with over a month of advance notice, how hard is it really to get a day off? It's just sad that people don't care. Even when her school hosts movie or craft nights, and free dinner is provided very few people actually come, although it seems that when they offer free dinner the attendance increases drastically. Don't parents realize that if they want their children to be successful, to excell, they have to be involved in their children's lives. It makes me think of another parent that I know who does her daughter's homework instead of helping her learn the assignment. I would be withholding a great deal of what I feel if I didn't bring up the whole fertility issue. It's just not right that people who could care less about their children's academic 'career' can have babies all day, yet people who truly care about the development of their children have to struggle. I think we should not only be able to preform a citizen's arrest, but a citizen's custody intervention. Why can't I just bring home the babies that parents let play on busy roads with no supervision. I recently saw a woman spank her maybe 2 year old daughter who was playing out front of her triplex unsupervised after the baby smashed her fingers in an industrial mop bucket. Spank her!? The poor little girl was crying almost hysterically from the pain; it would amaze me if her fingers weren't actually broken, and instead of offering comfort or realizing that by not watching her daughter, she might as well have smashed her daughter's fingers herself, her first reaction was to inflict pain on her child. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.  Time for me to get ready to actually be an involved parent! I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment