Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day One Post Op



      Well, surgery finally happened this morning after a week long delay. Everything went well, so I am told. As long as I remember correctly, my tubes were clear, she shot dye down them to check, she said I had a lot of endometriosis that she removed, around my bladder as well. ( I dunno, I am gonna have to research that one a bit cause I don't totally understand.) She said that she got about 80% of it our. She did the ovarian wedge resection, which is what I believe is what is causing the most pain. It hurts pretty good, but it's totally tolerable. There are 6 incisions on my belly, but they are all pretty small. The biggest is only about an inch and a half give or take right over my belly button. This hurts, it's no walk in the park, and I would say that I am basically miserable, BUT, I also have to add that it's not nearly as painful as I mentally prepared myself for, which is a welcome surprise.
       My mom and Mark have been amazing, and there for me for every moment of today. My mom was here the whole time I was waking up, helping me get up when I wanted to, sit up, scoot around and all the other unreasonable things that I just had to do. I can't stand being stuck, that is like one of the worst things ever. Mark is here, has been here, and won't be going anywhere thank you very much. I know that this was probably hardest on him because of his life expreiences, and he has been a trooper. My poor husband who can't handle anything gross has helped me with everything, even the gross parts without batting an eye. I really still don't understand how I got so lucky. He is passed out next to me on the tiny little couch bed. He picked up Savanah and made sure that I got to see her today. She was a bit afraid, and asked me several times to cover up my booboos. They seem to sting when fabric touches them so I have had them uncovered most of today. I'll post a picture when I can.
       On a side note, my doctor but me on a liquid diet, which totally sucks cause I am actually quite hungry, and it seems that the only kind of commercials on tonight are food commercials. Mark told me if I feel up to it, he promises to take me to Olive Garden tomorrow, haha, I think it's just a plot to make me do what he says today. I am kind of a hard-headed patient.
       I hope that one day someone like me can google this and learn about these procedures, and what to expect. I really wanted that, but coudn't really find much info. We still have to see what the future holds, but so far, so good.  And on that night, it's about time for me to go to sleep, the sooner I sleep, the sooner I can wake up first thing in the am and order some breakfast. I am drooling right now thinking about the grits :)
      Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment