Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 3 Of Recovery



        My body is so turned around. I woke up at noon today, and I am really tired, but, of course can't sleep. I always find that when I find the time to nap during the day, I sleep better, and I think my body has realized that and wants to turn me around, haha. I guess it's not a terrible problem, but sure makes say, being with my family a bit difficult. I am certain that from now til about 4 or so I will get up and down, wander around, try and find something to do, etc. I have to add in here that I have the most awesome family ever. Savanah spent the night with Weeka and Unkie Munkie last night, and is sleeping at Mimi's tonight. She is being nice and gentle with me, what I worry about the most is when she wakes up in the mornings. She has a habit of literally lunging herself at me to wake me up, and I think I might die if she did.                                                       I accomplished a lot today. I wanted to do some walking, so we took a family trip to Goodwill and walked around. There was plenty to look at, a cart to hang on to, and comfie chairs and sofas to rest on. Best of all, I was able to walk around without being in the miserable heat, meaning my wounds stayed dry. I took a shower tonight, which felt like a major accomplishment. Things are still sore, and it kind of feels like I have been 'sucking it in' for a week now and my muscles are sore. Except some of the places that are sore are like, super deep. The incisions are a bit more black and blue today, but still look great. I want to take pictures, maybe I can get some help with it tomorrow. I would pay serious money to be able to cough, to just let our a big cough. I actually blew my nose today. It's the little things in life that mean the most. Who would have thought that I would be so thrilled to blow my nose?! Or so incredibly anxious to cough!!!            In other news, I can't wait to be able to sleep in my own bed. I slept in the recliner last night, and am camped out here again for tonight, since just the thought of laying flat makes me wince.  But I am so tired of sitting. Sitting or standing, that's all I can do. And I can't even stand up straight. I can't wait til I can get in the pool. Everything is so sore. My arms and shoulders are sore from lifting myself up and setting myself down. My back is sore since I can't seem to stand up straight to save my life. My ass is sore from sitting... But that is definitely enough complaining for one night! Is anyone out there even reading this???

No comments:

Post a Comment